Cookies are small text files that are placed on your machine to help the site provide a better user experience. In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping carts, and provide anonymized tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics. As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser.
CEO Bjørnar Torsnes is the data controller for personal data processed by CodeIT AS (Org. nr. 996 802 493).
Which personal data is stored
- We store personal data as part of our regular contact with customers, and only in connection with enterprises. We store the names, telephone numbers and email addresses of important contact persons from enterprises we currently or hope to conduct business with.
- Like many websites, we use web analytics tools that rely on cookies, web beacons, and other automated tracking technologies (“Tracking Tools”). The information we collect automatically includes information about your computer and internet connection (including your IP address, operating system, and browser type) and details regarding your visits to our website (including your browsing actions and patterns and information about any referring website, search engine, social media platform, or link). We do not use Tracking Tools to collect personally identifiable information (except to the extent you have provided such information to third parties, such as social media platforms – see section below titled “Disclosure of personal data to third parties”), but we tie information that we gather using Tracking Tools to your personally identifiable information.
Purpose of the processing
We process data in order to:
- Maintain regular contact and create leads with potential customers
- Maintain an established relationship and supplement deliverables to existing customers
- Execute our contractual obligations towards customers
We also use the data in order to be able to provide you with relevant information about our company, services and products. Information that is automatically collected by using Tracking Tools help us analyze how users interact with and use our website, improve our website, provide you with information we believe may be of interest to you, and identify others like you who may be interested in our products and services.
Information about names, roles, telephone numbers, and email addresses associated with an enterprise are used in order to comply with procurement agreements and terms and conditions of contracts. This data is processed in accordance with Article 6 (1 b) of the General Data Protection Regulation. The data is used to provide the company, via your role, with relevant general information about the field in which we operate.
Acquisition of personal data
- We store the personal data provided to our employees during the business relationship in connection with direct contact, contracts that have been entered into or regular procurements from our enterprise.
- The Tracking Tools we use rely on cookies and web beacons:
Cookies. A cookie is a small data file that can be placed on your hard drive when you visit certain websites. Cookies are used to collect and store information, such as the type of computer you are using and how often you log on to a website. Our website uses both “session cookies,” to improve your navigation across our website and to remember you over the course of a single visit, and “persistent cookies,” which are stored on your computer until they expire or are deleted and help us provide better service to you over multiple visits to our website. You can always delete or disable cookies through your browser. If you disable cookies, you may not be able take advantage of certain features of website that require cookies.
Web Beacons. In addition to cookies, we deliver web beacons through our website. Web beacons are small graphic images that may not be visible to website visitors that collect information about website usage on an anonymous basis. In some cases, anonymous data may be transmitted to third-party advertising networks. We use web beacons for our own internal analytics, to better understand the ways users interact with our website. We also use web beacons in connection with our marketing efforts. For example, web beacons allow third-party advertising networks to detect when a user has visited our website, and then serve them ads for our services when they browse to another site.
- We supplement the information we collect through our website with information from third parties (including our advertising partners and other service providers) and information we collect through other means, such as offline or through other websites. This information includes social media profile information, depending on the settings you have established for your social media accounts.
Disclosure of personal data to third parties
We will not share, sell, transfer or otherwise disclose personal data we have received in connection with contracts and purchases to others, unless we are under a legal obligation to do so.
Third Party Tracking Tools we use include services we obtain from third parties. The information generated by these analytics services will be transmitted to and stored by the third parties and will be subject to their privacy policies. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies, how they may be used, or the information they may collect, and we are not responsible for these third parties’ privacy policies.
One of the third-party Tracking Tools we use is Google Analytics. The information generated by Google Analytics will be transmitted to and stored by Google and will be subject to Google’s privacy policies, which can be viewed by clicking here https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. To learn more about Google’s partner services and to learn how to opt out of tracking of analytics by Google, click here https://policies.google.com/technologies/product-privacy?hl=en
Retention of personal data
Our policies and procedures build upon the following criteria to determine the retention periods of personal data in the context of the purposes set out above:
- Time elapsed since your last interaction with us;
- End of the contractual relationship with you;
- Security reasons;
- Applicable statutes of limitation;
- Ongoing or potential litigation or dispute;
- Regulatory or legal obligation to retain the personal data.
The data we have received in connection with contracts and purchases will be stored as long as we have an active customer relationship with the company you are affiliated with. We store the data that is necessary pursuant to the Bookkeeping Act for up to 5 years, in accordance with statutory requirements.
Rights of the party registered
We process personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Act and applicable regulations. We wish to point out that people affiliated with our customers may demand access to their personal data and request that it be moved, and demand rectification or deletion of data. An appeal may be lodged with the Norwegian Data Protection Authority in relation to processing in contravention of the rules.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you
- The right of rectification
- The right to object
- The right of restriction
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
We secure your personal data by means of both physical and virtual access control. Our business does not register sensitive personal data – only contact details associated with business relationships.
Please send any questions about the information that is registered, or requests for rectification and deletion to the following address in writing:
CodeIT AS Østensjøveien 15b, 0661 Oslo firstname.lastname@example.org